Day 40/15 – Thursday 23rd April –15 days of Spanish lock down
I naively set out to write an email every day for 15 days. And here we still are!
It’s been a rewarding experience all the same. I’ve very much appreciated the positive feedback, words of encouragement and resulting conversations.
Everyone’s circumstance is different. We have different pressures and are dealing with this the best way we can. It seems that the uncertainty of how long this situation will last and what the ongoing implications will be, is what’s on everyone’s mind.
I was sent a youtube video of a clip from a UK breakfast TV show where the presenter read out note allegedly written by a teacher in China, reflecting on their lock down. The presentation was all a bit staged and melancholy for my liking. And who knows these days what the actual source of the text was, but it doesn’t really matter. The text itself struck a chord and it read as follows:
“We are just finishing our seventh week of eLearning, seven weeks of being mainly house bound. Seven weeks of uncertainty.
We’re healthy, we’re happy. We are humbled as we watch the rest of the world begin their time inside. Here are some of my reflections on the last seven weeks:
– accept that you have no control over the situation;
– let go of any thoughts of trying to plan too much for the next month or two, things change so fast;
– don’t be angry and annoyed at the system;
– anxiety goes down, you make the best of the situation whatever that might be for you
– accept that this is what it is and things will get easier;
– try not to listen to read or watch too much media – it will drive you crazy. There is a thing as too much;
– the sense of community I’ve felt during this time is incredible;
– I could choose who I wanted to spend my energy on, who I wanted to call message and connect with and found the quality of my relationships has improved
– appreciate this enforced downtime;
– when do you ever have time like this? I’ll miss it when we go back to the fast-paced speed of the real world;
– time goes fast, there are box sets I still haven’t watched;
– you learn to appreciate the little things – sunshine through the window, flowers blossoming
To those beginning this journey you will get through it. Listen, do what you are told, follow the rules look out for each other. There is light at the end of it.”
Like I said, the source is not the most important thing. If we look hard enough, there are things we can learn and positives we can take from this situation.
Ground Floor ApartmentBeachside stylish 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms apartment fully renovated to the highest standards in fa ...
- 2 2 €349,000
Ground Floor ApartmentThis wonderful, fully renovated 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom ground floor apartment located in Marina Puent ...
- 3 3 €3,495,000
PenthouseA beautiful, modern penthouse up on the mountains just before Marbella town, above the Costa del Sol ...
- 2 2 €499,000
Residential PlotPLOT WITH PROJECT AND LICENSE OF SINGLE-FAMILY HOUSING IN THE AREA OF NUEVA ANDALUCÍA, NEAR PUERTO B ...
- 0 0 €449,000