SHOWING YOUR PROPERTY
First Impressions count and are lasting impressions
When you are expecting a viewing:
- Open curtains to let the light in during the showing
- Remove all unnecessary clutter to better display spacious rooms
- Arrange all your rooms neatly and remove excess furniture. Keep fresh, clean towels in the bathroom. Use candles or air fresheners to make the room smell pleasant.
Show your property in the best possible light. Strategic lighting your home, even during daytime showings can create a cosy mood and highlight positive attributes of each room
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house.
- Clear all unnecessary objects / appliances from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn’t been used for three months – put it away!
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from countertops and bath / shower trays. Keep only your most needed items in one small group on the counter.
- Go around the perimeter of the property and move all non necessary items into the garage or storage.
- Check all plant are looking their best, prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows.
- Clear patios or terraces of all small items, such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc. (Put them in the garage).
In general try to look at your house ‘through the eyes of a buyer’ as though you’ve never seen it or been there before. Any time or money spent dressing your property will bring you back more money in return and hopefully a faster sale.